Saturday, September 27, 2014
Thelma and Louise's Caramel Apple Pie Sangria
As much as we love Summer, we also love Fall! It has to be our second favorite season, mostly because of all the wonderful aromas that go along with it. There's nothing like the heavenly scent of a fresh apple pie baking in the oven. Mmmm, smells delicious and makes our mouths water! Knowing us as you all do, you know we love our wine, so we had to come up with something that tasted like apple pie in a glass. Well, after some fun experimenting, we think we found it. We love our "Caramel Apple Pie Sangria" and think you will too!
Caramel Apple Pie Sangria
1-750 ml bottle Pinot Grigio
3/4 cup Salty Caramel Apple Vodka
3 cups Apple Cider
1/3 cup Cinnamon Simple Syrup
2-3 chopped apples
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Make your simple syrup by adding 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and one cinnamon stick to a small pot. Heat until the sugar is melted. Let the mixture cool while the cinnamon stick is still in the syrup.
2. Chop 2-3 apples and put in your pitcher.
3. Pour one 750 ml bottle of Pinot Grigio over the apples.
4. Add 3/4 cup Salted Caramel Apple Vodka.
5. Pour in 3 cups Apple Cider.
6. Add 1/3 cup cinnamon simple syrup to the wine mixture.
7. Stir and put in refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
8. Dip wine glass rim into remaining symple syrup. Then dip into your cinnamon/sugar mixture.
9. Pour Sangria into your glass making sure you get plenty of chopped apples!
**We drank it chilled, but you could also heat it gently in a mug for those chilly nights!